As a property manager, there are many positives and negatives with this job. As with any job that you do what you want. There are days that are longer and more difficult than others.There many rules you must know and must be a relator. If you do this business you need to know exactly what it should be entails.You licensed by the Tax Agency if they start direct tax levy on the monthly rent. It is a must for every city you do business in. It is thegreat to have you well versed in the repair of things are, or where a good list of contractors for repairs. Your life becomes so much easier when you find out what your repair needs immediate attention to what can wait until the next business day. You must be a people person because you meet people from all walks of life to do.
You must be a good negotiator when it comes to renting an apartment or apartment. Let the nuts and bolts of the business in tenSteps.
1. The economy can hopefully through word of mouth. Currently, my 100% word of mouth. When you first start out, you let the other relators in your office, at its meetings, which do property management.
2. Cultivate positive owner relations. From the moment of signing the contract management agreement.
3.Maintain contact with your tenants. Make it easy for them to pay monthly rent, you give them bank deposit slips, or a self-addressed and stamped envelope that theyonly place certified check in and every month. I give them 12 if we sign the contract and a map how the office when they fall to check whether their preferred manner. Keep communication open will be for tenants with repairs resolution to a problem, or they are too late with the rent.
4.Collection the rent payment, sales tax, the posting of payments, tracking payments for the year end statement.
5. Preparation of late or default messages with the necessary follow-throughthe evacuation.
6. Billing adjustment is the pursuit of the amount due if a cancellation fee. If you accept partial payments will be aware of the state statue on tenants' rights in relation to this issue.
7. Writing for the increase in rent, lease preparation, in which the tenant has an understanding of what is covered in the lease.
8. Tracking expenditures for repairs. Getting permission from the owner as needed.
9. Founding ads a day, with at least seven freeWebsite for all the posts are filled.
10. Show available properties, screen potential tenants, while respecting the laws against discrimination.
The job can a 24 / 7 daily business. You set the hour. It is hard to predict when a customer needed a repair. Remember that the owner has the right to terminate the property management agreement. This has not happened to me I still grow the same customers in the last seven years and more.
Why you ask, I think it is that I have withthis like a business while maintaining contact with the owners on an as needed.